2/05/2009

Saving $10/day on lunch to spend on comic books and my electric bill....

I started this blog to express my affinity for food that isn't completely healthy for you, but delicious in every sense. However, I am broke and there are rumblings of layoffs at my workplace so I have brought in my lunch every day this week. Not much variety, save for a few (3 to be exact) ribs I had on Monday. The rest of the week has, so far, been Ritz Crackers, a turkey sandwich, and a cup o' noodles (thanks Maruchin for providing instant satisfaction the past 20 years).

It's quite simple, really, to save yourself a few dollars a day by packing your lunch. I know everyone preaches it, but it is so true.

Take these Ritz crackers for example.


A single Ritz cracker has enough salt and butter to make you full for about 3 minutes (make sure you have water to counter that sodium). Now, paired with peanut butter, it makes for one of the best snacks you can possibly eat. First off, it's not just a piece of fruit.....it's a cracker! and peanut butter! No seeds, peels, skins, cores, or rinds. Great snack and an even better appetizer.


Instant Lunch, Cup of Noodles...whatever....they're all the same and they taste the same: magnificent. Nothing makes you feel more like a down-to-earth person than eating a cup o' noodles in plane view. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. There are vegetables, noddles, and meat flavoring powder. You eat it with a fork, and you drink the broth straight up because (genius!) it's in a cup. I love it.

Throw in a turkey sandwich you can make at home, and you've got yourself one appetizing meal.

And for some vitamins, I've been drinking this stuff called Starbien my girlfriend's mom sends us. She sends us a box full of these every now and then, and I am eternally grateful because this, my friends, is where I receive my vitamins and minerals. I'm also not the kind of guy who can just drink water with a meal. A drink needs to have flavor. I would even drink one of those nasty ass, flavored sparkling mineral water things instead of regular water.

This:

becomes this:


4 comments:

  1. yo kev i got a jar of skippy reduced fat at the house for you to pick up. i bought it by accident. i happen to require maximum fat in my peanut butter... and not only that, but it kind of tastes like candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cup of noodles with a bag of cheeze its, washed down with my emergen'c orange flavored water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COUNTERTERRORIST says: i had a some fruit with my lunch today. the vitamin B in the blueberries gave me enough well-being, confidence and vitality that a pretty girl came up to me and planted one right on my snuffer and i found a scratcher worth 25 bucks.

    ReplyDelete